Open Access Membership Terms & Conditions
Open Access Membership Scheme from March 2022
(Limited to 40 members)
The Curwen Print Study Centre (Company Number 02884510 / Registered Charity Number 1048580) collects information about individuals who engage with the organisation through attending events, exhibitions, courses and opportunities. This information is only used by Curwen Print Study Centre (hereafter CPSC) and helps with the administration, implementation and planning of the programme and charitable activities. CPSC is aware of the importance of handling this data securely and has systems in place to ensure this happens.
Membership Terms & Conditions
Open Access sessions are a chance for artists to use the facilities in the studio to work under their own direction. A tutor will be in the studio throughout the day to provide technical assistance and to support the use of the equipment. These are not taught sessions.
- Membership cost £80 per month - excluding materials - payable monthly in advance via Standing Order on the 1st of each month (Minimum 6 months contract)
- The monthly membership fee will be reviewed annually in January of each year and may change. Any change in the monthly fee will be notified in February each year and the new fee applicable from March of that year.
- Members are able to book am, pm or evening Open Access sessions in advance, depending on availability.
- Membership is available to:
- Those who have attended a relevant course at the Curwen Print Study Centre and are confident in working independently; for example, if you want to do some etching, you need to have attended an etching course and feel happy working on your own.
- Experienced artist printmakers who are confident in working independently for their selected printmaking technique.
- Your first booked Open Access Members session will include a 1 hour Induction session.
- On confirmation of membership CPSC will forward Membership confirmation and a unique discount booking code for 5% discount on 1 or 2 day courses.
- Numbers are limited to 4 booked places available for artist to work in the studio at any one time.
- Maximum of 10 advance sessions (am, pm or evening) can be in place per member at any one time, on a rolling basis.
- At time of booking please state what technique you will be working on to allow good access to equipment for all users.
- Some materials will be available for purchase for use during your time in the studio, any materials used must be paid for on the day of purchase.
- Open Access users can also bring their own materials to use in the studio.
- Should a session be fully booked members can join a waiting list to be notified if a place becomes available.
- Booked sessions no longer needed must be cancelled 5 working days before the session date to allow others to book the place.
- In consideration of other studio users, non-attendance of Members’ booked sessions will be monitored and should this be a regular occurrence could result in restricted booking access.
- Any sessions booked ahead which will happen beyond the duration of membership are payable at the non-member rate.
- Should you wish to terminate your membership, a minimum of 2 months fee paid notice is required by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership £80 per month
- The monthly Membership fee of £80 per month (Minimum 6 months contract) affords you unlimited bookable full or half day sessions sessions - excluding materials.
- Pre-bookable open access sessions, a maximum of 10 x advance sessions can be in place at any one time.
- Opportunity to exhibit as part of an Annual Members Exhibition in the CPSC gallery space each year – 2022 dates TBC
- Opportunity to offer own original prints for sale on the CPSC website shop free of charge, with a reduced commission on completed sales of 20%
- Members discount of 5% on all 1 or 2 day CPSC courses booked
- Invitation to all Private Views for exhibitions in the CPSC gallery space
- As membership develops we will continue to create membership benefits and opportunities such as members only bookable events and learning opportunities
Become a Member
Updated 17 January 2022