Online Five Session Gelli Plate Techniques Printing Course
Thursday morning for 5 weeks
4, 11, 18, 25, November & 2 December 2021
10.30am to 12.30pm
Cost: Cost: £95 for all 5 live interactive online sessions - plus exclusive unlimited access to each course video recording for 30 days.
5 x 2 hour course sessions, 1 session per week on Thursday for 5 weeks
On this online live interactive five session course delivered via Zoom, using Gelli plates, students will work with the Tutor and be led through and explore a series of techniques for gelli plate printing enabling you to create a wide and varied selection of unique monotype prints. All printed by hand. Try the endless possibilities for creating imagery, patterns, and rich, layered print and collage compositions using a variety of found objects, printed images and cut stencils. These methods often create unpredictable results, fueling experimentation and unexpected new directions.
• Week 1 – Introduction to Gelli Plate printing & Paper masking
• Week 2 - Printing with found objects, textures/impressions/natural objects
• Week 3 - Image Transfer Printing
• Week 4 - Gelli Printing for Collage
• Week 5 - Collage from Gelli Prints
Beginner and/or those wishing to refresh their skills and anyone who would like to try an online course.
Materials list (specific materials list for each week will be sent to participants)
• Gelli Printing Plate 6 x 6
• Baren *optional since you can use the back of a wooden spoon or your hand
• Scissors, Craft knife & Cutting Mat, tweezers or unbent paperclip
• Acrylic paints
• A4 printer paper *any quality but at least 80gsm
• Newsprint paper for masking and cutting stencils (Instead of newsprint thin magazine pages can be used for cutting stencils and masking) plus some Scrap paper
• Acid free tissue paper
• Sponge, water and washing up liquid for cleaning plate
• Baby oil *optional for cleaning plate
• Pair of gloves to protect your hands from oil & paint when cleaning (marigold type or other)
• A collection of found (textured) materials, for example:
Bubble wrap, stamps, cotton buds, Corrugated card, Food containers, Household sponges, Paint brushes, old toothbrush etc.
Maximum 15 places
The above section may require scrolling
For all courses except CPSC Certificate course
Full payment of the course fee is required when booking a place. A reserved place is not secure until full payment has been received.
If for any reason you are unable to attend, we will refund monies paid minus a £15.00 admin fee, as long as you cancel your place more than 1 month before the course start date.
Course transfers are at the discretion of Curwen Print Study Centre. Curwen Print Study Centre reserves the right to cancel courses – a full refund will be made in these circumstances.
For CPSC Certificate course
Payment for Term 1 is required when booking a place. A reserved place is not secure until this payment has been received. Payments for Terms 2 & 3 will be due at the end of the previous term. The receipt of your Term 1 payment is acceptance of commitment to all 3 Terms of the Certificate course.
If for any reason prior to the commencement of the course you are unable to attend, we will refund monies paid minus a £15.00 admin fee, as long as you cancel your place more than 1 month before the course start date. Once you start the course on Term 1 you have committed to all 3 terms. Course transfers are at the discretion of Curwen Print Study Centre.
Curwen Print Study Centre reserves the right to cancel courses – a full refund will be made in these circumstances.