Online Craft Foam Printing
2 hour live interactive online course
2 December 2021
£25 or 2 for £40 when booked together
Cost: £25 per live interactive online course, or £40 for 2 x online courses if you book them at the same time - plus exclusive unlimited access to each course video recording for 30 days.
On this online live interactive course via Zoom students will work with the Tutor and learn how to create printing templates and print textures, shapes and layered prints using Craft Foam.
• View demonstration and be introduced to Foam printing and looking at examples
• Introduction to equipment and techniques to plan, design, cut and score Foam
• Mix inks to create colour options if using Caligo Safewash relief inks •
• Learn how to roll out ink and then onto your foam shapes
• Techniques for how to print by hand
• Use masking and ghost/over-printing for additional colours and shapes
Beginner and/or those wishing to refresh their skills and anyone who would like to try an online course.
• A5 Craft foam, at least 2mm thickness
• Rollers (preferably 2)
• Caligo Safewash relief ink (preferably primary colours but black, white and 1x colour of your choice is sufficient enough. *Instead of Caligo Safewash Relief inks Versafine Clair Pigment Ink pads are very suitable for Foam printing too. They come in a variety of colours but 2 colours are sufficient enough. I would recommend “Morning Mist”, “Tulip Red”, “Summertime”, or “Nocturne”.
• If using Caligo Safewash Relief ink: A smooth, flat even surface to roll your ink onto. You could use a plastic tray, a plastic chopping board, you can cover a baking tray in kitchen foil and use that, or a laminated sheet taped to your worksurface. *Be aware ink may stain your board.
• If using Versafine Clair Inkpads no additional materials are needed as you will apply your ink onto the Foam directly
• Biro, etching needle, blunt pencil or an embossing stylus.
• Frog tape or any low tack tape
• Newsprint for masking
• Light weight printing paper 80/120gsm but a good quality A4 copier paper works too.
• Baren or wooden spoon for burnishing
• Craft knife, scissors and cutting mat
• Vegetable oil for cleaning roller if using Caligo safewash Relief Ink.
• Water, sponge and washing up liquid for roller cleaning and Foam
• Pair of gloves to protect your hands from oil & ink when cleaning (marigold type or other)
• A cut up old tshirt or old tea towel or j-cloths for cleaning - that you don’t mind staining with ink!
The above section may require scrolling
For all courses except CPSC Certificate course
Full payment of the course fee is required when booking a place. A reserved place is not secure until full payment has been received.
If for any reason you are unable to attend, we will refund monies paid minus a £15.00 admin fee, as long as you cancel your place more than 1 month before the course start date.
Course transfers are at the discretion of Curwen Print Study Centre. Curwen Print Study Centre reserves the right to cancel courses – a full refund will be made in these circumstances.
For CPSC Certificate course
Payment for Term 1 is required when booking a place. A reserved place is not secure until this payment has been received. Payments for Terms 2 & 3 will be due at the end of the previous term. The receipt of your Term 1 payment is acceptance of commitment to all 3 Terms of the Certificate course.
If for any reason prior to the commencement of the course you are unable to attend, we will refund monies paid minus a £15.00 admin fee, as long as you cancel your place more than 1 month before the course start date. Once you start the course on Term 1 you have committed to all 3 terms. Course transfers are at the discretion of Curwen Print Study Centre.
Curwen Print Study Centre reserves the right to cancel courses – a full refund will be made in these circumstances.