2 hour live interactive online course
12 January or 2 December 2022
£25 or 2 for £40 when booked together
Cost: £25 per live interactive online course, or £40 for 2 x online courses if you book them at the same time - plus exclusive unlimited access to each course video recording for 30 days.
On this online live interactive course via Zoom students will work with monoprinting techniques where the image can only be made once because it has been treated in a unique way. Use a variety of techniques including transfer drawing, masking, & textures. Build individual layered prints, creating background prints for transfer drawing. All printed by hand in your home.
• View demonstration and learn how to create a range of unique, varied and multi-coloured images
• Learn how to mix inks to create colour options
• Use masking techniques to produce layered prints
• Explore the transfer drawing method
• Use textures & found materials to add interest
Beginner and/or those wishing to refresh their skills and anyone who would like to try an online course.
• Sturdy plastic sheet such as rhenalon, or any smooth material or surface such as glass surface or a laminated sheet taped to your work table * your inked up area needs to be slightly smaller than A4 so your image fits on your paper!
• Roller (preferably 2 but you will be able to manage with 1)
• Caligo Safewash Etching/Cranfield ink (preferably primary colours but black, white and 2 x colours of your choice is sufficient) * can be purchased from Great Art or Jackson’s Art
• Lightweight printing paper 80/120 gsm but a lightweight A4 Copier paper works too
• Baren, wooden spoon or large metal spoon for burnishing
• Biro and pencil
• Craft knife, scissors and cutting mat
• Newsprint (Instead of newsprint thin magazine pages can be used for cutting stencils and masking)
• Textured wallpaper if you have it, or any textured paper, bubble wrap, fruit and veg netting, corrugated card, feathers, toothbrush, paint brush, scrap fabric, plastic packaging – really anything with an interesting texture!
• Frog tape or any low tack tape
• Water, sponge and washing up liquid for cleaning roller in between colours if using 1 roller
• Vegetable oil
• Pair of gloves to protect your hands from oil & ink when cleaning (marigold type or other)
• Cut up old tshirt or old tea towel or j-cloths for cleaning that you don’t mind staining with ink!
The above section may require scrolling
For all courses except CPSC Certificate course
Full payment of the course fee is required when booking a place. A reserved place is not secure until full payment has been received.
If for any reason you are unable to attend, we will refund monies paid minus a £15.00 admin fee, as long as you cancel your place more than 1 month before the course start date.
Course transfers are at the discretion of Curwen Print Study Centre. Curwen Print Study Centre reserves the right to cancel courses – a full refund will be made in these circumstances.
For CPSC Certificate course
Payment for Term 1 is required when booking a place. A reserved place is not secure until this payment has been received. Payments for Terms 2 & 3 will be due at the end of the previous term. The receipt of your Term 1 payment is acceptance of commitment to all 3 Terms of the Certificate course.
If for any reason prior to the commencement of the course you are unable to attend, we will refund monies paid minus a £15.00 admin fee, as long as you cancel your place more than 1 month before the course start date. Once you start the course on Term 1 you have committed to all 3 terms. Course transfers are at the discretion of Curwen Print Study Centre.
Curwen Print Study Centre reserves the right to cancel courses – a full refund will be made in these circumstances.