Online Jigsaw Lino Printing
2 hour live interactive online course
4 November 2021; 20 January or 2 December 2022
£25 or 2 for £40 when booked together
Cost: £25 per live interactive online course, or £40 for 2 x online courses if you book them at the same time - plus exclusive unlimited access to each course video recording for 30 days.
On this online live interactive course via Zoom students will be focusing on understanding the Jigsaw Lino method using soft cut lino to enable you to achieve a two or three colour print. This method allows you to recompose images - & include white space. All printed by hand in your home.
• View demonstration and learn how to plan and create an image using a single Jigsaw block.
• Learn how to cut using different lino cutting tools
• Learn how to cut your tile in sections to be inked separately and register your print
• Mix inks to create colour options
• Learn how to roll out ink and then onto your lino tile and print by hand
• Produce a range of varied multi-coloured images from one block
Beginner and/or those wishing to refresh their skills and anyone who would like to try an online course.
• Roller (preferably 2 but you will be able to manage with 1)
• Soft cut/easy carve lino (depending on your budget you can purchase this either as 1 sheet 200x300mm which you can cut smaller, or a pack of 10 pieces 150x100mm)
(You will need 1 x smaller test piece and 1 x piece for your main image approx 150 x 100mm)
• Lino cutting tools
• Bench hook or rubber non slip mat to prevent Lino tile from slipping whilst cutting
• Baren or wooden spoon or large metal spoon
• Caligo safe wash/Cranfield ink (preferably all primary colours but black, white and 1 x colour of your choice is sufficient) * can be purchased from Great Art or Jackson’s Art
• A smooth, flat and even surface to roll your ink onto: you could use, a plastic tray, a plastic chopping board, you can cover a metal oven tray in kitchen foil and use that, or a laminated sheet taped to the work surface * be aware ink may stain your board
• Newsprint for masking (Instead of newsprint thin magazine pages can be used for cutting stencils and masking)
• Paper: lightweight printmaking paper 80120 gsm or a good quality copier paper. You can also use the brown paper that often comes in packages or use paper from a roll of brown packing paper
• Craft knife, scissors and cutting mat
• Water, sponge and washing up liquid for cleaning roller in between colours if using 1 roller
• Vegetable oil
• Pair of gloves to protect your hands from oil & ink when cleaning (marigold type or other)
• A cut up old tshirt or old tea towel or j-cloths for cleaning - that you don’t mind staining with ink!
The above section may require scrolling
For all courses except CPSC Certificate course
Full payment of the course fee is required when booking a place. A reserved place is not secure until full payment has been received.
If for any reason you are unable to attend, we will refund monies paid minus a £15.00 admin fee, as long as you cancel your place more than 1 month before the course start date.
Course transfers are at the discretion of Curwen Print Study Centre. Curwen Print Study Centre reserves the right to cancel courses – a full refund will be made in these circumstances.
For CPSC Certificate course
Payment for Term 1 is required when booking a place. A reserved place is not secure until this payment has been received. Payments for Terms 2 & 3 will be due at the end of the previous term. The receipt of your Term 1 payment is acceptance of commitment to all 3 Terms of the Certificate course.
If for any reason prior to the commencement of the course you are unable to attend, we will refund monies paid minus a £15.00 admin fee, as long as you cancel your place more than 1 month before the course start date. Once you start the course on Term 1 you have committed to all 3 terms. Course transfers are at the discretion of Curwen Print Study Centre.
Curwen Print Study Centre reserves the right to cancel courses – a full refund will be made in these circumstances.