Experimental Monoprinting with Charles Shearer RCA – Artist, Illustrator and Printmaker
1 or 2 day course
28 & 29 April or 29 & 30 November 2022
10am to 4pm
£215 for 2 days or £115 for 1 day including all materials
Using a full range of inks, rollers and papers Charles will take you through an ex-ploration of the many techniques of mono-print.
You will soon build up a body of trial prints that you may wish to develop further. We shall also develop large prints using cut newsprint stencils
and transfer inks using acetate and add textures from packaging and selected ma-terial such as embossed wallpapers, leaves and feathers.
You will also have an opportunity to create a two colour mono-print Illustration to a chosen poem and then design a cover (optional) that can be simply bound togeth-er.
• Introductory talk and look through samples of original work.
• Mono-printing with range of inks, rollers and papers to build up a body of ex-perimental work.
• Using a two-colour mono-print process to Illustrate a piece of poetry and (op-tional) design a cover ready for binding.
• To continue developing ideas through mono & stencil printing.
• Introduction to mono-printing that will involve large cut newsprint stencils and transferring the inks with acetate and rollers.
• Add textures from packaging and materials such as embossed wallpapers, leaves and feathers etc.
• All done without the use of a press.
Suitable for anyone interested in drawing & printmaking wishing to experiment and develop their creative ideas
The above section may require scrolling
For all courses except CPSC Certificate course
Full payment of the course fee is required when booking a place. A reserved place is not secure until full payment has been received.
If for any reason you are unable to attend, we will refund monies paid minus a £15.00 admin fee, as long as you cancel your place more than 1 month before the course start date.
Course transfers are at the discretion of Curwen Print Study Centre. Curwen Print Study Centre reserves the right to cancel courses – a full refund will be made in these circumstances.
For CPSC Certificate course
Payment for Term 1 is required when booking a place. A reserved place is not secure until this payment has been received. Payments for Terms 2 & 3 will be due at the end of the previous term. The receipt of your Term 1 payment is acceptance of commitment to all 3 Terms of the Certificate course.
If for any reason prior to the commencement of the course you are unable to attend, we will refund monies paid minus a £15.00 admin fee, as long as you cancel your place more than 1 month before the course start date. Once you start the course on Term 1 you have committed to all 3 terms. Course transfers are at the discretion of Curwen Print Study Centre.
Curwen Print Study Centre reserves the right to cancel courses – a full refund will be made in these circumstances.