Screen Printing with paper and photo emulsion stencils
2 day course
16 & 17 March or 25 & 26 October 2022
10am to 4pm
£200 including all materials
Screen printing is sometimes called serigraphy or silk screen printing but all of these names refer to the same basic method of creating an image on paper or fabric by pushing ink through a screen mesh with areas blocked off by stencils. Stencils can be made from paper, drawing fluid, screen filler or a light sensitive emulsion.
On this two day course you will learn how to create images using both paper stencils and a light sensitive emulsion. You will also learn how to set up the equipment, mix inks and use a squeegee to print your images onto paper. By the end of the course, you will have created a variable edition of at least 8 x A4 prints.
• Explanation of the process and looking at examples.
• Introduction to the equipment and how to set it up.
• Identifying and planning the layers of the image.
• How to cut paper stencils and apply them to the screen.
• How to create art work suitable for making a light sensitive emulsion stencil.
• How to prepare screens for light sensitive emulsion stencils.
• How to put images onto the screen using a UV Light Exposure machine.
• How to mix inks and importance of opacity and transparency of colours in screen printing.
• How to flood and pull a print!
• Registration with the acetate and on the board.
• Cleaning the screen and setting up for the next layer.
• Trouble shooting!
Suitable for beginners and those with previous screen-printing experience.
Any image preparation notes will be sent prior to the course date.
You may also like…
Textile Screen Printing
Introduction to Photo Plate Lithography
The above section may require scrolling
For all courses except CPSC Certificate course
Full payment of the course fee is required when booking a place. A reserved place is not secure until full payment has been received.
If for any reason you are unable to attend, we will refund monies paid minus a £15.00 admin fee, as long as you cancel your place more than 1 month before the course start date.
Course transfers are at the discretion of Curwen Print Study Centre. Curwen Print Study Centre reserves the right to cancel courses – a full refund will be made in these circumstances.
For CPSC Certificate course
Payment for Term 1 is required when booking a place. A reserved place is not secure until this payment has been received. Payments for Terms 2 & 3 will be due at the end of the previous term. The receipt of your Term 1 payment is acceptance of commitment to all 3 Terms of the Certificate course.
If for any reason prior to the commencement of the course you are unable to attend, we will refund monies paid minus a £15.00 admin fee, as long as you cancel your place more than 1 month before the course start date. Once you start the course on Term 1 you have committed to all 3 terms. Course transfers are at the discretion of Curwen Print Study Centre.
Curwen Print Study Centre reserves the right to cancel courses – a full refund will be made in these circumstances.